No one leaves a chance to be a part of a trend and use the latest trending applications. For the past many years, listening to music online has been a habit of many people around the globe. And recently a new music app Spotify has taken over many other music apps including Gaana, JioSaavn and many others.
Mostly these apps are paid, but you can have access to them for free but on some conditions only. Well, if you are confused between using Spotify and Gaana, and want to know which will be good for you, so, for you, we’ll be doing a Spotify Music Vs Gaana comparison.
This comparison will help you understand the features and downsides of both applications. So, let’s get started and do an amazing Spotify Vs Gaana.
Price Comparison Between Spotify and Gaana
Well, the first point, which is the most critical factor that can either make or break your decision is the cost of premium accounts of both the applications.
Spotify gives you both free and premium services. While free services depend on the device you are using like on Windows or macOS, you can take the benefit of Spotify absolutely for free, and you can create endless playlists but obviously with ads.
When you use Spotify on mobile, then the free experience becomes a little narrow because you can play your liked songs playlists.
Well, Spotify Premium will cost you around Rs.119 per month, which will take all these restrictions including those interrupting ads away and you can enjoy your music without any limits. Also, there are different packages, so depending upon your need you can choose.
When we talk about the Gaana app, it also gives us both free and premium services. The free services are the same as Spotify. If you are going to use it for free, it’s quite evident that you’ll hear different ads in between.
The main advantage of Gaana over Spotify comes now, as it just costs you around Rs.99 per month, which can make you change your decision.
So, this was about the cost of both the apps, but this isn’t enough for a comparison.
Overall Features Comparison
Now, let’s dive into deep and compare some essential features of both that you should know before making your decision.
- The most crucial difference between these two apps is that Spotify supports Students plan while Gaana doesn’t support such plans.
- You can also subscribe for a 30 Days free package or a 1-day prepaid plan for Rs.13, which Gaana doesn’t offer you at all. You can either use it for free with ads and restrictions or buy a premium plan.
- Furthermore, Gaana application gives you around 30 million tracks, while Spotify gives you approximately 40 million tracks, which is a massive advantage of Spotify over Gaana.
- Well, there is a bit similar feature as well, like Spotify has ‘Daily Mix’ which gives you songs on your preferences and Gaana has ‘Made for you mixes’ which also do the same thing.
- One of the advantages of Gaana over Spotify is that Gaana is compatible with Google Home or Amazon Echo smart speakers, while Spotify is not compatible yet in India.
- Gaana supports all its content in 16 languages which is a good point about it, while Spotify supports only 8 Indian languages for now.
- The Audio quality offered by Spotify is up to 160 kbps for free subscribers and 320 kbps for paid users. On the other hand, Gaana gives only 128 kbps for free subscribers and 320 kbps for paid. So, this point also matters if you want to use any of the apps for free.
Well, this was about a comparison of the features that they offer you.
To make it easier for you, let’s take a look at the comparison of both via a table which will help you analyze both of them conveniently.
|Price||Rs. 119 per month||Rs. 99 per month|
|Supported Platforms||Android, iOS, and Windows||Android, iOS, and Windows|
|Supported Services||Free and Paid||Free and Paid|
|Specific Plans||Student Plan, Prepaid Plan||No such plans|
|Audio Quality||For Free- 160 kbps|
For Paid- 320 kbps
|For Free- 128 kbps|
For Paid- 320 kbps
|Number Of Tracks||40 million tracks||30 million tracks|
|Number of Languages||8 Indian Languages||16 Indian Languages|
So, if we look at the comparison between both Gaana and Spotify, then Spotify is preferred because of its trend, and other essential features that are better than Gaana.
But in case, your main focus is on the price then you can go for Gaana app, because yes it does give you premium plans in an affordable amount. Well, it’s up to you which one you want to use because both have their advantages over each other.